I love researching and uncovering facts, relationships, and the stories of our ancestors’ lives. We all have wonderful people and stories in our family trees, and it would be my privilege to help you uncover and share your family’s stories.
I’ve been a full-time genealogist and family historian since 2012. I’ve spoken on a variety of genealogical topics at the national, state, and local level. I have a master’s degree in English from the University of Michigan and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Northern Illinois University. I have taught research, analysis, and writing to college students at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point; Schiller International University in Heidelberg, Germany; the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and Pikes Peak Community College in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
My training and experience in research, analysis, writing, problem solving, and educating adults are available to assist you with a variety of tasks, including compiling a family tree, solving a difficult research problem, interviewing family members, writing up and sharing your own research, speaking to your group about genealogy and family history, or tutoring you or your small group in genealogical subjects.
I am a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and subscribe to their code of ethics. I am also a member of the Genealogical Speakers Guild, the National Genealogical Society, the New England Historic Genealogical Society and a number of local, state, and regional societies.
Professional development is an ongoing responsibility for a genealogist, and I am always seeking out opportunities to increase my skills. Here is a list of my recent educational activities:
- Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree 2016 and 2017
- National Genealogical Society 2016 and 2017 conferences
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy 2015: Research in Original Source Repositories; 2016: Advanced Genealogical Methods; 2017: Law School for Genealogists
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh 2015: Determining Kinship Reliably with the Genealogical Proof Standard; 2017: Research in the States of the Old Northwest Territories
- Brigham Young University Conference of Genealogy and Family History 2015
- Association of Professional Genealogists Professional Management Conference 2015 and 2016
- Boston University: Genealogical Essentials 2014
- RootsTech 2014
- National Archives and Records Administration Virtual Genealogy Fair 2014
- Additional conferences, seminars, and webinars dealing with a variety of research methods, geographical areas and records sets
I look forward to hearing from you about your genealogical interests and to helping you in whatever way I can.